Friday, January 25, 2008

1.25.08 Work desk



Today's subject takes two images to get the full effect. I'm a work-at-home mom, and this is the desk at which I do my work Monday-Friday. We traded with some friends for it. They got a recumbent exercise bike; we got an antique writing desk. I bet I know whose trade has more dust on it now... *whistles*



See if you can spot all the odds and ends inside:
very old digital camera; stapler; roll of cellophane tape; Olive wood statue of Joseph, Mary, and Jesus; various papers that are my "to-do" list; wireless mouse; mouse pad with a ghetto, taped-up gel wrist rest; jar of jelly for the lips and fingertips.

Also note the hole I had to drill (messily, I might add) in the back of the desk to accommodate my laptop's power cord. The laptop actually slides in that back slot vertically and fits perfect even with the top closed.

And, yes, I desecrated an antique. Hey, at least I'm using the desk! That's more than people can say about most antique furniture.

By the way, I was inspired to post my desk because of the Dragons In Our Midst blog entry that you can find here. :o)

2 comments:

  1. That's a unique desk. Very interesting. It's nice to be able to close it up and get everything out of sight.

    Thank you for mentioning my blog!

    Bryan Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Davis! Yes, it's wonderful to be able to shut away all the stuff. I'm a big fan of closed doors and lids whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete